Terms and Condtions
Rental Prices, Policies, Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice. Alternate Terms and Conditions may be in effect for certain rental vehicles, dates, events and uses.
These terms and conditions are expressly made part of the Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) by and between the person(s) listed on the Agreement (collectively referred to as the “Renter” or “Renter(s)”) and Oregon Trailer LLC, (“Oregon Trail’R”), each individually referred to herein as a “Party” and collectively as the “Parties”. The terms and conditions of this Agreement shall survive the end of the rental period and remain in full force and effect. Where the Renter has released and/or indemnified Oregon Trail’R, it has also released and/or indemnified the officers, employees and agents of Oregon Trail’R.
Oregon Trail’R is not responsible for misinterpretations concerning our Rental unit rental program due to the Renter’s failure to read the following Requirements.
- Renter must be a minimum of 25 years of age and must have a major, non-debit credit card, a valid driver’s license from their country of residence and current identification (including passport for non-US residents).
- All drivers must be a minimum of 25 years of age with a valid driver’s license from the country of residence and current identification (including passport for non-US residents). ($25.00 fee for each additional driver will be added)
- Renter, all additional drivers and credit card holder must be present at the time of pick up to sign the Rental Agreement.
- Major, non-debit credit card used for the required security deposit must have a minimum credit limit of the security deposit amount available above the rental charges.
- Approved Renter(s) must provide a binder for personal full coverage insurance in Renter’s name, including up to the State Statutory Limits applicable to the Rental Vehicle. Renter is also required to purchase additional supplemental insurance to cover the entire duration of the rental period.
- The primary Renter (name on contract) is responsible for all rental costs and any and all damages.
- Renter(s) with an insurance endorsement will need to go through their insurance company for reimbursement. If damage amounts are substantial and a claim must be submitted, the Renter is responsible for any and all damages, loss of revenue, or additional expenses not covered by insurance.
Prohibited Use of the Rental Units
- Vehicle will not be used or operated by anyone:
- Who is under 25 years of age;
- Who is not listed as an additional driver on the rental agreements;
- To carry persons or property for hire;
- In any race, test, or similar type contest or activity;
- In a careless or negligent manner;
- Under the influence of alcohol or narcotics;
- Outside the continental United States;
- For any illegal purpose or in the commission of a crime;
- Obtaining from Oregon Trail’R by fraud or misrepresentation;
- Loading vehicle Beyond its rated capacity;
- Allowing more guests than the Rental unit is designated to carry.
- Off-pavement travel is not covered by the insurance policy. Any damage to the trailer and or included accessories that is incurred in any off-pavement situation will NOT be covered by the insurance policy, and will be 100% the responsibility of the Renter(s).
- Up to the full retail cost/replacement value of the rental unit. Renter would also be fully responsible for reimbursement in full, of all recovery costs, in the event that the trailer had to be extracted from a location not covered by the available road-side assistance package.
Any other Prohibited use(s) of the Rental unit violates this Agreement, voids all liability and other insurance coverage (where permitted by law), makes renter responsible for all loss or damage to or connected with the vehicle, regardless or cause, including but not limited to Oregon Trail’R’s expenses, including loss of use, and any legal fees incurred.
- Renter agrees to rent Owner’s vehicle as provided in and subject to the terms and conditions of the rental agreement.
- The Parties desire to supplement the terms and conditions of the rental agreement with the terms and conditions of the rental agreement.
- Oregon Trail’R is not responsible for any charges related to the non-availability of a Rental unit for reasons beyond our control i.e. breakdowns or late returns. Oregon Trail’R is only liable for the amount of deposit and/or any fees paid to Oregon Trail’R.
- This agreement may be in addition to the rental platform (Outdoorsy, RVshare, etc.) rental contract. Both contracts are in effect, together, during the rental period. Any part of the rental platform agreement that acts in a manner to void this Agreement (or parts of it) is revoked by the Renter and Owner as indicated by the signatures on the Rental Agreement/Contract.
- In consideration of the foregoing, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, the parties agree as to Follows:
Rental Prices, Rates and Rental Payments
- Rates are subject to change and are not guaranteed until the reservation is confirmed with a down payment to lock in the quoted price.
- Reservation down payment is applied directly toward the final total rental charges and is non-refundable in the event of cancellation.
- Final payment is due 14 days before the rental period commences. Service Fee of $15 will apply to all bookings.
- Payments of the balance of all rental charges, including any additional add-ons or fees/services, are due 14 days before the trip begins.
- If any additional addons are needed for a trip before the trip begins, but after the 14 day period, renter(s) can pay for such addons at the Oregon Trail’R Shop with a valid Debit/Credit card.
- No refund is given for late pick up or early return.
- Rental charges may be paid by any valid MasterCard, Visa, American Express or Discover Card. Stored Value/Pre-paid Cards, Gift Cards, Cash, or Checks are not accepted for payment of Rental charges.
- Unit type, rental location and the dates of travel determine the rental rate. Prevailing rates will apply for any changes to the original reservation in addition to a fee of at least $50 to make the change.
- Renter(s) who request a change after being approved for a reservation are in no way guaranteed that the changes they’ve requested will be available or possible. Such a situation may result in the cancellation of a Renter(s) trip. And in such cases, the number of days before the trip begins will determine the refund amount to the renter. Ergo, if a cancellation occurs less than 5 days before a scheduled reservation, a 75% refund will be given.
- The security deposit must be made with a major, non-debit, credit card. ATM/Debit Cards, Check Cards, Stored Value/Pre-paid Cards, Gift Cards, Checks, or Cash are not accepted for payment of the security deposit.
- The security deposit is a verification and pre-authorization of available funds on the Renter’s major, non-debit credit card, as stated in the Rental booking confirmation and is due 3 days before the rental period commences.
- The pre-authorization is reversed within 7 days of return, if the unit is returned in the same condition as when it was picked up. The refund may take 7-10 business days for funds to be released back into an account.
- Oregon Trail’R may use the security deposit to pay any amounts owed under this agreement. If the amount of the security deposit is insufficient to satisfy all amounts due, then the Renter agrees to pay all charges in excess immediately upon demand.
- If a security deposit was paid through a rental platform, then the deposit will be refunded by the same rental platform, not through Oregon Trail’R.
- Reservation down payment is refundable based on the cancellation rules below:
- Cancellations more than 5 days prior to the departure date:
- Renter is entitled to a full refund of the booking total.
- Renter is responsible for the Booking Service Fee.
- Cancellations less than 5 days prior to the departure date:
- Renter is entitled to a 75% refund of the booking total.
- Renter is responsible for the Booking Service Fee.
Vehicle/Unit Pick-Up (Rental Commencement)
- Rental period begins on the start date which is the same as the deliver-to date (for delivered units) or pick-up date (for towable units).
- Rental vehicle pick-up time must be pre-arranged no later than 48 hours prior to the requested pick-up date and/or must be based off of Campground check-in requirements.
- There is no refund if Renter picks up later than the booked day of departure.
- Customers should allow 0.5-1 hours after arrival for pre-rental orientation and rental contract/agreement processing.
- Any Addons purchased at the time of pickup will need to be paid for with a valid Debit or Credit Card.
- In the event that an Addon is purchased at the time of pick up, separately from the initial reservation, and if that Addon(s) is damaged, lost, or stolen, during the reservation, the Renter(s) are bound by the conditions of this contract in that Renter(s) are 100% responsible for any and all Addons purchased during reserving a trailer, or during the pickup process at the Oregon Trail’R Shop.
- All Renters must also sign the “Winterization Advisory” when renting between November through March. Fees may apply.
- Customer vehicles cannot be stored at the Owner’s rental pickup location. If the Renter is having the unit delivered to a Campground, the Renter may park at the Campground per the Campground’s parking regulations.
Rental Period Conclusion (Drop-off)
- Rental period ends on the end date which is the same as the pick-up date (for delivered units) or drop-off date (for towable units).
- Renter is responsible for looking over and signing the rental Agreement to ensure that all rental costs and rental dates are correct before the Renters depart.
- If renter is late and delays the departure of, or causes the cancellation of the next renter for that vehicle, the renter will be responsible for any inconvenience fees or loss of revenue, whichever is greater. Any extensions of rental or late returns must be approved by Oregon Trail’R in writing. Late Return Fees may occur.
- Early return times must be pre-arranged in writing. There are no refunds for early returns.
- If the Renter was in a motor vehicle accident with the Rental unit and the Rental period ends early, and the MVA was not the Renter’s fault, then the Renter may be able to recover the rental costs from the at-fault driver’s liability insurance.
- If, for any reason, the rental period is extended beyond the original rental period dates, Renter agrees that the Terms and Conditions, and the Agreement will also extend, be valid and enforceable for the entirety of the Renter’s extended rental period.
- A preliminary walk-through will be completed and a precursory return form will be provided. Photos will also be taken by Owner for reporting purposes and/or insurance. Once a thorough inspection has been completed, any fees for damages, cleaning, dumping, or any other charges will be deducted from the Renter’s security deposit if applicable.
- A Cleaning & Prep Fee will be applied to the Renter(s), starting at a minimum of 25$. Tiers of Cleaning and Prep Fees have been established by Oregon Trail’R based on the condition of a dropped off rental unit.
- Tier 1: $25.00
- This includes basic interior cleaning, applicable COVID-19 cleaning procedures, pressure washing the exterior, checking and attending to tire pressure(s), shims in the suspension, and anything else needed to make the rental unit ready for the next renter.
- Tier 2: $75.00
- This includes intensive interior cleaning, conducting applicable COVID-19 cleaning procedures, pressure washing the exterior, checking and attending to tire pressure(s), shims in the suspension, and anything else needed to make the rental unit ready for the next renter.
- Tier 3: $150.00
- This includes intensive interior cleaning, repair(s) to the interior including filling scratches, cuts, and or indentations to the wooden interior, exterior, or any other surface of the trailer. Conducting applicable COVID-19 cleaning procedures, pressure washing the exterior, checking and attending to tire pressure(s), shims in the suspension, and anything else needed to make the rental unit ready for the next renter.
Either the approved Renter or additional approved driver must return the rental unit. No exceptions.
- Renter(s) forfeit their right to complete a return walkthrough with Owner, if the unit is returned at a time different than indicated in the Rental Agreement’s Rental Return date/time.
- Check in time may take up to 2 hours if damage documenting/estimating is necessary. Please allow for enough time.
- Towable units:
- Return time is between 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. PST on the scheduled day of return.
- Renter agrees to pay Oregon Trail’R $150 per day that a rental unit is late.
- Units returned after 3:00pm PST will be considered 1 day late.
- Special cases may be granted- But only in the case of verbal and or written confirmation, given by Oregon Trail’R, at least 3 hours prior to the Agreed upon physical dropoff time.
- Renter agrees to empty any and all water tanks on the trailer prior to returning the unit or they may be required to pay for a higher Tier of the Cleaning & Prep Fee mentioned in this Agreement.
- Towable units:
- The Rental unit is not to be driven outside of the contiguous United States. No trips are allowed to Mexico or Canada.
- During the winter months Oregon Trail’R does not recommend the Renter travel to or through snow areas, use snow (tire) chains, or travel where the weather is consistently below freezing. Tire chains can damage tires if not properly installed and the holding tanks may freeze and burst. The Renter will be responsible for paying for any damages caused as a result of travel outside of recommended areas and for any resulting loss of revenue until the Rental unit is able to be rented again. Please consult with Oregon Trail’R prior to traveling to areas with wintry weather conditions. We will gladly provide recommendations of places to visit, free of charge, by the request of the Renter(s).
- During the summer months Oregon Trail’R does not recommend the Renter travel to or through areas with extremely hot periods. Renter will be held liable for all damages to vehicle, tires, towing charges, and all other related expenses resulting from operating in these extreme areas. During certain periods, these areas are not habitable and could pose a danger to the Renter and their passengers. Please consult with Oregon Trail’R for restricted areas and times. We will gladly provide recommendations of places to visit, free of charge, by the request of the Renter(s).
- All Rental units are not allowed on non-public roads, such as ‘logging’ roads and un-maintained gravel roads. Please consult with Oregon Trail’R prior to traveling to verify any roads that may be questionable.
- Traveling on any ‘non-public roads or routes will null and void any and all insurance coverage offered by Wheelbase, Outdoorsy, and or any subsidiary or parent company in relation to Wheelbase or Outdoorsy.
- Due to restrictions on vehicle heights, propane gas and parking, vehicles with propane are not permitted to travel through any underground or underwater tunnels. Violations of these restrictions void any purchased damage deduction reducer (DDR) and Renter(s) may also be held liable for all damages and all other related expenses.
Problems During Rental Period
- Any damages need to be reported to Oregon Trail’R immediately.
- If the Renter experiences mechanical problems or has equipment operation questions the Renter should refer to the Oregon Trail’R Rental Manual provided to the Renter at the time of departure.
- If a problem persists or the Renter has concerns, please contact Oregon Trail’R at (541) 357-7795 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the Renter(s) does not contact Oregon Trail’R with concerns, Oregon Trail’R will not be able to reimburse the Renter(s) for non-use of the Rental unit, or any portion thereof, if the renter was unable to sleep, cook, or use the bathroom facilities in the Rental unit.
- There will be no refund/credit for any lost rental time for any issue(s) that arise beyond the Owner’s control. This includes, but not limited to, flat tire(s), weather, any and all systems within the Rental unit that were working at pick-up (LED lights, Ports and plug-ins, etc.), damages to any part(s) of the Rental unit whether the Renter was at fault or not, or due to Renter’s or any guest’s negligence.
- If a potential repair is minor, Renter(s) may make the repair after consulting Oregon Trail’R. Renter cannot repair anything until contact has been made with Oregon Trail’R.
- Replacement of defective parts and receipt must be brought back for reimbursement. There will be no reimbursement if Renter does not bring back the defective part replaced and the receipt.
- If Renter purchases an item necessary due to an equipment failure (electrical or water hose, etc.) the item purchased and the receipt must be surrendered upon return of the Rental unit, if Renter wants reimbursement.
- Should a repair be made without consulting Oregon Trail’R first, Renter assumes liability for the repair and any subsequent repairs needed.
- No reimbursement for out of pocket expenses will be paid to Renter(s) unless Oregon Trail’R has been made aware of the problem, and prior authorization has been given by Oregon Trail’R.
- If the Renter(s) is at fault for any damages or mechanical failure, the Renter(s) will be responsible for the entire contract amount, plus any loss of future rental income caused by the damages or mechanical failure.
- The Renter shall remain responsible for any damage or theft of the Rental unit occurring prior to Oregon Trail’R’s inspection of the Rental after the Rental has been returned.
- The Renter shall remain responsible for any damages or theft including but not limited to couches/chairs, beds/bedding, included linens, kitchen utensils/tableware/cookware, counters, walls, additional extras/add-ons, etc.
- In the event there is any damage above the amount of the Renter’s security deposit, Renter agrees to pay the Owners any monies due plus processing fees.
- If the rental unit is returned with damage while the rental unit was in possession of the Renter, Renter is responsible to pay all damage costs whether the Renter was at fault or not, or if damage was caused by acts of nature; ie, wind, rain, earthquake, fire, flood, etc- ie, Acts of God.
- In case of an accident, theft or vandalism occurs, Renter is responsible for obtaining a police report, contacting the Renter’s personal insurance company, Renter’s supplemental insurance company and contacting Oregon Trail’R immediately at (541-357-7795).
- Most insurances (even supplemental insurances) do NOT cover interior damage or repairs. It is highly recommended (if not required in certain instances) to purchase additional interior insurance coverage.
- If interior insurance is not purchased, the renter is fully responsible for the interior damage costs, via cash upon return or forfeiture of the security deposit.
- If the interior damage(s) surpass the value of the Renter(s) security deposit, the Renter(s) are responsible for any and all costs above what the security deposit covers.
- There is NO SMOKING allowed in any Rental unit.
If smoke (including but not limited to cigars, pipes, vapes, drugs, etc.) is detected the Renter will forfeit the entire security deposit. If the Renter’s deposit was used in full or partially used, the Renter will be required to pay an additional Smoking Policy Fee of $1000
- Any evidence of the Storage, Transportation, or use of illegal substances will forfeit the Renter’s entire security deposit.
- Any Rental units returned with any evidence of drug use or transportation of will result in law enforcement being called for a report and to collect the evidence.
- Oregon Trail’R currently does NOT allow pets of any kind.
- Should you want to bring your pet, they must remain in the tow vehicle, or outside during the rental units use.
- Authorization and acknowledgement must be given from Oregon Trail’R prior to rental pickup.
- If any animal damages occur, including evidence of animal urine or feces, Renter will forfeit the security deposit plus any fees associated with the cleaning and or repairs of the damages incurred from the animal.
- If any large amounts of pet hair are left upon rental return, Renter will be charged for Tier 3 of the Cleaning & Prep Fee, see rate in the Agreement.
- Service animals, as defined by the ADA, are allowed. However the Renter(s) are still liable for any and all cleaning fees associated with the service animal. See fee criteria above, and or the Cleaning & Prep Fee Tiers 1-3 listed in this Agreement.
Odors / Cooking
- Owners do not allow anything that can create a strong smell in the Rental unit that is difficult to remove, such as the long-term storage or cooking of fish, bacon, deer, etc.
- Overpowering items must be prepped and/or cooked outside the Rental unit. If odors are detected the Renter will be charged for Tier 3 of the Cleaning & Prep Fee, see Fee rate in Agreement.
- Oregon Trail’R does not charge an upfront cleaning fee. The Rental unit must be returned in a clean state and in substantially the same condition it was in the time of Renter Pickup. ‘Clean’ means, as the Renter received the Rental unit and or better; including but not limited to, wiping down counters, washing tableware/cookware, and removing all trash and debris.
- If the Renter returns the Rental unit dirty or in a different condition than on the date of the Rental pickup, then a Tiered Cleaning fee between $25.00-$150.00 will apply to the Renter(s), see Fee rates in Agreement.
- The functioning of any of our awnings, radios, rooftop tents, water-systems, power stations, power distribution centers, leveling jacks, etc..Will be guaranteed to function at the time of pickup. If any malfunctions should occur with any of these items, no compensation will be made to the Renter.
- Renters are advised to consult the Oregon Trail’R Rental Manual provided at the time of departure. In case of any malfunction please contact Oregon Trail’R immediately at (541) 357-7795 for assistance and Oregon Trail’R will do our best to troubleshoot the issue at hand.
- Roadside Assistance, with stipulations, is available to the Renter(s) at the time of the reservation. See terms and conditions of Outdoorsy Policy and Procedure to learn more about where roadside assistance will be served.
- Oregon Trail’R does allow the usage of the exterior awnings, but highly advises using caution!
- Training will be provided for the setup/breakdown of our awnings during the pickup of a rental unit.
- Using caution is for the Renter’s own protection because awnings are not covered by insurance and are very expensive to repair or replace if damaged.
- Damages to an awning, including any acts of nature or negligence, are 100% the Renter’s responsibility and can, in most cases, exceed the Renter’s security deposit amount.
- In the event the damage is more than the Renter’s security deposit, the Renter agrees to be fully responsible for the total cost of awning repair.
- Oregon Trail’R does NOT allow the use of the Rental unit’s rooftop outside of storage use(s).
- Any evidence of rooftop usage (shoe prints, trash, sagging areas, etc.) will result in a complete/full forfeiture of the Renter’s security deposit.
- In the event the damage is more than the Renter’s security deposit, the Renter agrees to be fully responsible for the total cost of rooftop repair.
- Training will be provided during the pickup of a rental unit. In this session we will cover how to safely secure/remove items to/from the roof rack.
- Oregon Trailer LLC is NOT responsible for any damage, injury, or death(s) resulting from improperly secured cargo.
- Towable units: Tires are the responsibility of the Renter. In the event of a tire failure the Renter is responsible for having the damaged tire replaced with the same type/size and bringing back the original damaged tire to Oregon Trail’R along with a receipt for the new tire.
- Renters can change a tire, but ONLY after confirming it with Oregon Trail’R beforehand. Should a professional be needed to change it instead, Oregon Trail’R is not responsible for any of the charges/costs that the hired professional is due after changing said damaged wheel/tire.
- If the renter is renting for an extended period of time and depletes the propane tank(s) prior to rental return, the Renter(s) is responsible for filling the tank.
- The propane tanks are personal property of Oregon Trail’R and only should be refilled, not exchanged.
- Rotopax Fuel containers (Red), should only be filled with Regular Unleaded Gasoline. Failure to do so will result in the replacement of the Rotopax unit taken from either the Renter(s) security deposit or must be forfeited upon the return of a rental unit.
- Oregon Trail’R does not outfit our models with any diesel fuel containers.
- If a rental unit has had its Rotopax Fuel container filled, the Renter(s) acknowledge that it must NEVER be left in the sun, near open flame, or mishandled in any way. Any injury, damage, and or personal injury is the responsibility of the Renter(s).
Other Fines & Fees
- Renter is responsible for reporting and making any and all payments of all parking and/or traffic violations at Rental return. This includes Bridge Tools.
- Non-reporting of parking and/or traffic violations, breaches the Rental Agreement and will result in an administrative charge of up to $100.00, in addition to the traffic and/or parking fines.
- The Renter may elect to add certain “extras” to the booking, these are considered add-ons. If the Renter did not elect extra fees at the time of booking, such as a chair rental, dump fee, etc. The Renter can elect to have them deducted from the deposit if booked through a third-party booking company (such as Outdoorsy, RVShare, etc.) or may pay for them after the final booking payment has been processed (if booked directly with Oregon Trail’R). These elections should be noted in writing via email, or with verbal confirmation after speaking with a representative at Oregon Trail’R at 541-357-7795.
- Oregon Trail’R is not responsible for campground reservations – including cancellations due to a force majeure.
- All campground reservations must be made separately with the campground’s reservation agency.
- All Campground and campsite fees are separate from and in addition to, the Rental price and fees under the terms and conditions within this agreement.
- No refunds will be given for campsite reservation errors.
Boondocking or Dry Camping
- Boondocking or Dry Camping is not allowed unless pre-approved by Oregon Trail’R.
- Camping without hookups (water, sewer, electric) restricts the capabilities of the Rental unit. The Renter is limited to the fresh water tank capacity, the battery capacity and the propane tank capacity.
- These items must be recharged, refilled, dumped, etc. These items are the responsibility of the Renter.
- Oregon Trail’R takes NO responsibility for limited capabilities and capacities due to dry camping and/or boondocking.
- Should the Renter choose to dry camp and/or boondock, the Renter takes full responsibility and liability for the limited capabilities and capacities.
- Filling the fresh water tank is the responsibility of the Renter and must note/understand the Rental unit specifics for fresh water tank capacity.
- This applies to our 16-gallon water tank, roadshowers, potable water containers, and any Rotopax water containers.
- Recharging or replacing the battery is the responsibility of the Renter if used during a boondocking and/or dry camping scenario. Note: Generators help to replenish the Rental unit’s battery charge.
- During the return procedure, should the battery be found damaged beyond repair, the Renter will be charged for the full retail value of the damaged battery.
- If the Renters opt to use generator(s), the following rules will apply:
- Do not use fuel-containing generators inside the Rental Unit – they MUST be kept and used outside only.
- Do not leave the Rental unit unattended while a generator is running.
- Do not run a generator overnight or while sleeping due to safety reasons.
- Generators (Power Stations) must be rented from Oregon Trail’R, Renters cannot use personal generators. Oregon Trail’R requires the use of owner supplied generator(s) to run the systems within the Rental unit without causing any power issues.
- The Renter will be held responsible for the condition of the generator during the period of the rental.
- The generator(s) must be returned in the same working condition as it was given to the Renter. The generator is inspected between each rental.
- The Renter will be responsible for replacing the generator if it is stolen or lost during the course of the rental period. A lock and chains will be provided for securing the generator(s) to the Rental Unit’s bumper.
- The Renter is responsible for all generator fuel and the operation of the generator(s) during the rental period.
- An additional $250 refundable deposit is required for the use of the generator(s).
- The Renter is given the option to use gas (petrol) or propane while operating the generator(s). BonVoyage recommends propane, as it is a cleaner option.
- Fuel options cannot be used interchangeably.
- If gas (petrol) is chosen then the Renter must refill with gas (petrol).
- If propane is chosen then the Renter must refill with propane.
- BonVoyage will supply the generator(s) with a full tank of fuel, per generator.
- BonVoyage will supply one (1) empty five gallon storage tank for refilling gas (petrol) as needed.
- Generators and/or gas (petrol) storage tank(s) must not be stored inside the Rental unit while not in use, due to the potential of spills, leaks, or smells.
- The Renter is responsible for all fuel fees associated with refilling the generator(s) during the rental period.
- The Renter will be required to return the generator(s) with a full tank of fuel, whether gas (petrol) or propane was used during the rental period.
- If Renter wishes not to return the generator(s) with a full tank of fuel, there is an additional option to pay a convenience fee of $10.00 per tank plus the cost of fuel.
- The Renter assumes all responsibility for any and all damages caused to the generator(s), Rental unit & its appliances and systems by the use of the generator(s).
- If any malfunctions should occur with any of the generator(s), no compensation will be made to the Renter.
- In case of any malfunction please contact Oregon Trail’R immediately at (541) 357-7795 for assistance and Oregon Trail’R will do our best to troubleshoot and or attempt to have someone come to the Renter’s location for repairs.
Unit Abandonment & Owner Retrieval
- If for any reason the Renter abandons the Rental unit, the Renter will forfeit the entire security deposit for Abandonment and Retrieval – plus any applicable fees for ANY damages, lost/missing keys or items/parts from the Rental unit.
- Abandonment means leaving the Rental unit with no intention of returning to it or delivering it back to Owner/drop-off location. In the event the Renter abandons the Rental unit without signing return documents, the Renter agrees to waive the Renter’s rights to dispute any claims due to damages, overages, or vandalism.
- Manual Locks with Keys
- In the event a lockout occurs the Renter agrees to pay $2.00 per mile, round trip, for the Owner to drive and unlock the Rental unit and a fee of $50 for missing key.
- If the Owner is en route, key is found and the Rental unit is unlocked, the Renter will only need to pay for mileage up to that point round-trip.
- If no lockout occurs but a key is missing upon return of the Rental unit, the Renter will be charged a $50 fee for the missing key.
- If the Owner determines a locksmith is required for lockout/lost key service, the full locksmith cost is to be paid by the Renter, at the time of service – locksmiths must be scheduled and approved by the Owner before work is complete.
First Aid Kit
- There is a first aid kit provided in the Rental unit’s storage cabinet.
- Please use what is needed, should it become necessary – once it is opened, the Renter owns it and will be charged $25 (replacement value).
- In the event the Renter uses anything in it, take the kit – as this is a personal and bodily fluid/pathogen related item, it’s not possible for Oregon Trail’R to pass it from renter to renter.
- SEPARATELY, there is a box of generic basic ‘band-aids’ in the storage cabinet – use these if necessary, without fee.
gps / tracking
- The Rental unit has been equipped with a GPS tracking device for safety and must not be removed/unplugged for any reason.
- Failure to accurately report the Renter’s destination, or giving an arbitrary destination in order to attend a prohibited event will result in complete forfeiture of the security deposit and will be requested to return the Rental unit to owner immediately, and NO refund will be granted for unused rental dates.
- The tracking device may use surrounding bluetooth capable devices to process pinpoint location.
- Tampering with the GPS tracker will result in the forfeiture of the Renter(s) security deposit and potentially the retail value of the GPS tracker.
- Oregon Trail’R shall not be liable for loss or damage to any property left, stored, loaded or transported by the Renter(s) or any other person in, upon, or by the Rental unit, whether or not due to the negligence of Oregon Trail’R, its agents and employees, at any time or at any place, including, without limitation, any of Oregon Trail’R’s garages or locations, including any property repossessed in accordance with this Agreement.
- Renter assumes all risk of such loss or damage and waves all claims against Oregon Trail’R by reason thereof, and agrees to hold Oregon Trail’R, its agents and employees harmless from and to indemnify them from and against all claims based upon or arising out of such loss or damage.
- Oregon Trail’R shall not be liable for down time whether caused by mechanical failure or lack of suitability of the vehicle for the Renter’s purpose.
- Any personal property brought into the Rental during the rental period is the renter’s responsibility.
- Renter releases Oregon Trail’R, its agents and employees, harmless: from all claims for the loss of or damage to the Renter’s personal property, or that of any other person left/carried in or on the Rental unit either before, during or after the rental period and day of return.
- If any item is left behind, the Owner’s will make an attempt to contact the Renters. The item can be returned at the renter’s (item owner) expense.
Personal Injury, Indemnity & Hold Harmless
- Renter shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless Oregon Trail’R from and against any and all losses, liabilities, damages, injuries, claims, demands, costs and expenses arising out of the use or possession of the vehicle including, but not limited to, any and all fines, penalties and forfeitures imposed under any Federal, State, provincial, county, municipal or other statute, law, ordinance, rule or regulation; and to the extent not covered by Renter’s car insurance any claim of or liabilities to, third persons arising out of the abandonment, conversion, secretion, concealment or unauthorized sale of the vehicle by Renter or its drivers, agents or employees, or the confiscation by any government authority for illegal or improper use of the vehicle.
- Renter agrees to hold harmless the Owner of the rented Rental unit, at all times for all situations.
- Renter assumes all risk when renting the Rental unit, and Owner cannot be held responsible for any accident, injury, loss of income, loss of life or loss of or damage to personal property.
- Owner assumes no liability for how the Rental unit is used during the rental period
- If any provision within this agreement is determined to be invalid, void, or unforeseeable judiciously, the remaining Provisions shall remain in full effect and force.
Modifications / Waivers
This contractual Agreement is between all parties and shall be binding on their respective successors or assigns. No provision within this Agreement can be waived or modified for any reason except in a written document that the owners have signed.
- The parties agree to submit to the criminal and civil jurisdiction of the Courts of Lane County, Oregon for any civil dispute or criminal charges arising from this contract.
- If charges are disputed with the issuing credit card company, then the Renter(s) will be responsible for paying all court costs associated with securing the rental charges, damages and any additional charges that resulted as part of the rental, including the costs of all collections activity, litigation, and all attorney’s fees associated therewith.